Wednesday, July 4, 2012

El Loco Pescador

 Yesterday, my buddy Justin and I took a fishing trip recently down to Galveston to fish the causeway bridge at night. So after waking up at 1:15am we loaded up and got to the bridge and had our kayak's in the water, ready to fish around 3:30am or so (yes I know we are crazy, but we both love to fish - so whats a little sleep ;). We fished the lights around the bridge for speckled trout, and whatever else we could catch. We each caught a few dinks too small to keep and just missed some bigger fish. Justin ended up with 1 keeper Spec, and I kept a large sand trout. After that we went to another spot up the road around 7am. There I caught a really nice 18 inch flounder and a small croaker, and that was that. We packed up and headed back, after having lunch at a really cool restaurant in Galveston called the Sunflower Bakery and Cafe - I need to bring Melanie back to this one, she would love it. We were hoping for more fish, but had fun none the less.



Founder & Sand Trout
The fish tasted great spiced up and grilled with some lemon butter

No comments:

Post a Comment